Menu

		
			Dewar’s Candies & Ice Cream Parlor
		
	Dewar’s Candies & Ice Cream Parlor

Dewar’s Candies & Ice Cream Parlor

Dewar's Candy Shop - World's Finest Taffy for over 100 years! James H. Dewar and brother George, opened The Chocolate Shop in 1909. The candy store was located at 1665 Chester Avenue in Bakersfield, California. James H. Dewar moved his business to 948 Baker Street where it remained until 1928. The family then moved to Ventura, California for a short time and opened a small store there. After an offer to help build the shop at 1120 Eye Street in 1930, Dewar’s Candy Shop opened at its present location. At the same time James H. starting making and serving ice cream. James H. and son’s, Joe and James A. worked together in the business. James A. took over the shop in 1947 followed by his son George in 1977. In 1994 son Michael entered the family business to oversee the manufacturing of the delicious chews Dewar’s is so famous for. In 1999 daughter Heather joined the company with the intention to open a second location for Dewar’s Candy Shop and in December 2001 the second shop was opened at 9530 Hageman Road in Bakersfield, California. The Riverlakes location was closed in 2011 and in January of 2012, Dewar's opened a new soda fountain at 2700 Calloway that was unlike any before it. Complete with a life-like, singing moose-head, a semi-enclosed patio with a fireplace/water feature and a party room with a bounce house, games and a large piano to dance on like the one form the movie "Big" May of 2012 saw the opening of Dewar's Express at 11320 Ming Avenue. Our first Drive-Thru location. The Outlets at Tejon location opened in August of 2014 Today George, Michael and Heather are working to preserve the excellence and tradition that started with James H. Dewar in 1909

1120 Eye Street
Bakersfield, CA  93304


Directions:

1120 Eye Street
Bakersfield, CA  93304


Get Directions